Cats are undoubtedly adorable! Especially if you are a cat owner, you’d probably already know how it feels to have a cute feline partner with you all the time. What’s even more amazing is the fact that you can train your cat to come on command, play with you and the best part is that cats give the best cuddles.
When it comes to your feline companion, there’s more to what meets the eye. You might be living with your cat for years now but still, there are plenty of things that you don’t know about. These mystical creatures have a lot that’ll fascinate you and that’s exactly what we’ll be talking about today.
Here are some really interesting facts that every cat owner should know!
- Cats usually sleep for 12 to 16 hours a day. So if you see your little partner resting often, know that it’s normal and that’s the amount of sleep it needs.
- Cats are very sensitive about sharing their bathroom! If you have more than one cat, make sure to have separate litter boxes for them.
- Cats live longer when kept indoors. Yes, a little outdoor activity or a morning walk is healthy for your little one but it’s best if you keep it indoors and plan some fun indoor games to keep it active.
- Cat’s purring is basically a self-soothing behaviour. Usually cats purr when they are ill or in stress but they also do that when they are super excited or happy about something.
- One of the most interesting things about female cats is that they have the ability to get pregnant even when they are just 4 months old!
- You need to avoid grapes, onions, raisins and garlic when it comes to preparing meals for your cat. Grapes and raisins can cause kidney failure among cats and onion or garlic etc are quite dangerous for your cat’s gastrointestinal system.
- When your cat gives you a slow blink, know that it’s giving you a kiss and that’s a sign of trust and contentment.
- Where dogs just have 10 vocalisations, cats have around 100.
- You shouldn’t make direct eye-contact with your cat because it appears like you are threatening them.
- Cats have scent glands on their bodies so when they rub their face or body against you, know that they have marked you as their territory.
- Cats often yawn when they are trying to avoid confrontation with another animal. It’s their sign and how they avoid discussions with other felines.
- When two cats are fighting, the one making the hissing sound is more vulnerable.
- If your cat comes to you with a straight but constantly vibrating tail, know that she is very happy to see you.
- Meowing is what cats use to communicate specifically with human beings.
- To know if your cat is attacking you or trying to play with you, focus on its claws. If the claws are retracted then your little one is trying to have a fun time with you.
- If your cat drapes its tail over a dog or some other animal in your house, know that it’s a sign of friendship.
- Cats love sleeping on the things that smell like their owner. It can be anything like your pillow or even your dirty laundry.
- If you can’t find your cat, try looking in closed spaces like some box or a bag because cats love to hide there.
- A cat has the same learning style just like a human baby who’s 2 to 3 years old.
- Half of the cats in the world will respond to the scent of catnip.
- You can toilet train your cat just like dogs.
- Cats have successfully made 33 species distinct in the world.
- Just like human fingerprints, each cat has a unique nose print.
- Most cats out there have no eyelashes.
- A cat can’t see directly under its nose.
- When it comes to the large cat breed, the average male weighs around 20 pounds.
- Domestic cats sleep like 70% of the day and they spend the rest of their day grooming.
These are some of the most interesting and jaw dropping cat facts that most people don’t know about. We hope you now understand your feline a little better!